refractometer Brix & salinity refractometer 0-32%brix/0-28% salinity
- Determines the amount of dissolved salt and dissolved solids
- Approved by strict quality and safety standards
- Durable and built to last long
- Heavy-duty and lightweight with its aluminum construction
- Easy to focus and calibrate
- Accurate testing results guaranteed
- Made with the highest and finest quality of aluminum & rubber that makes it lightweight
- Cushioned with soft & comfortable non-slip rubber
- Extremely easy-to-use and calibrate
Directions for use:
Using soft cloth to clean the prism and testing prism, take a few drops of solution, put it on the prism, close
the cover plate, escape from bubbles, to make the solution over the surface of prism.
Put the instrument into the version of alignment or light department, eyes can observed the field through
Eyepiece. Rotate eyepiece to adjust hand wheel. to make the field of view of blue and white points
clear.The scale of demarcation line is the density of solution..
.Calibration and correction of temperature:
It must revise Zero before measure.First,take few drops of distilled water,put it on the detection prism,and
then screw the bolt of Zero so that make it reach 0%,Second,clean the detection prism to inspection.Some
models of instruments have to take place standard liquids of distilled water to revise.
The instrument is precision optical instrument. You should pay attention to the following matters when it
was used and maintained:
(1)It must be careful and cautious when it was used. in accordance with the use of instruction strictly, can”t
loose each connected component of apparatus, can”t drop,collision, can”t happen drastic vibration.
(2)After using it, can”t put it into water for cleaning directly, should use soft cloth to clean. For optical
surface,it cannot be bruised and scratched.
(3)The instrument should be set in a dry,non-corrosive gases place to safe keep.
(4)To avoid loss of spare parts of components.
- Brix: 0-32%Brix
- Measuring Range:Salinity: 0-28%salinity;Brix: 0-32%Brix
- Minimum Division: Salinity: 0.2%;0.2%
- Automatic Temperature Compensation Range:10°C-30°C
- 1 * Refractometer
- 1 * Instruction manual
- 1 *Mini screw driver
- 1* Pipette
METHOD OF OPERATION
1. Prepare: Aim the front end of the refractometer in the direction of a bright light, and adjust the adjusting
ring of diopter(5) until the reticle can be seen clearly.
2. Calibration: Open the cover plate(2), drop one drop of calibration solution on the prism(1), rotate and
adjust the calibration screw(3) to make the light/blue boundary coincide with reference line 1.333.
3. Measurement:Open the cover plate(2),clean the surface of prism with a piece of soft cotton flannel,
Drop 1~2 drops of the solution to be measured. Close the cover plate, and press it lightly, then read the
corresponding scale of light and dark boundary. The reading is the refractive index of the measured
4. After measurement, clean the surface of prism and cover plate with moist gauze, and it should be